ENGIE MultiTech, a leader in mechanical construction in the GTA is growing! We focus on a full service promise to our customers for project conception to completion.
From our current projects building the new maintenance facility for go transit which will allow for service expansion in the GTA & Hamilton to our patient tower build at Etobicoke hospital which will expand access to emergency, women’s and children’s care ENGIE is positioned as an industry leader with a people, organization and team first approach.
Our organization in Canada has over 400 employees and globally employs over 150,000 that are dedicated to energy solutions.
We are currently searching for a Health & Safety Advisor to travel to various field sites within the GTA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing ongoing field support to ensure that safety requirements and targets are met for multiple project sites in the GTA
- Conduct field audits and coordinate with the safety team outcomes, correction actions and complete reports weekly and/or as required
- Responsible for communicating and enforcing policies, programs and procedures related to Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) at field level
- Train employees in safety management best practices, facilitating the development of hazard identification and safe work procedures, identifying, developing and delivering safety training (ie. Train the Trainer)
- Coordinate and promote the OH&S vision, short and long term strategies and action plan
- Advise on OH&S policies and compliance and stay up to date on changing legislation and COR program
- Participate in the identification, evaluation, control, and management of hazards and risks throughout the organization;
- Support the incident and accident investigation procedure and develop recommendations to prevent future occurrences
- Contribute to emergency planning initiatives, partake in regular inspections for fire hazards and associated prevention and risk reduction strategies
- Perform additional duties as required
- Post-secondary education in Health & Safety or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in a construction Health & Safety role focusing on Mechanical or Electrical
- Strong knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Construction Safety Regulations
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with all levels of field staff (Apprentices – Foreman)
- Strong construction site field experience
- Strong time management skills to ensure adequate support is provided at all required field sites
- Knowledge or Completed training pertaining to COR
- Certified train the trainer for Working @ Heights, Supervisor Competency, WHMIS are preferred but not required
- Valid G License
- Office hours are generally Monday – Friday | 9:00am – 5:00pm but additional hours may be required during peak periods
- Moderate physical effort due to field construction sites. Requires handling of light and moderate weight objects including office equipment and other office supplies and/ frequently sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time while using a telephone, computer, cell phone
- Vehicle travel to sites, ability to walk in construction terrain is required
- Canadian Leader in the Mechanical Construction industry and energy sector
- Competitive Salary with Annual Performance Reviews
- Company Bonus Program
- Excellent Medical Benefits including; Health, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance
- Company match Retirement Savings Program (RRSP)
- On-site Gym (Head Office)
- Team atmosphere and valued organization
- Training & Development programs and career paths
ENGIE MultiTech is an equal opportunity employer under the Canadian Human Rights Commission and AODA. If you need assistance with your application, please contact David Marcy, HR Manager – 416.881.4303
Thank you for your application but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.